7/25/2012

Grand Lotto 6/55 Low Vs High Numbers

Is there a possibility that the jackpot numbers are all between 1 and 28; or 29 and 55?

There are only 4 occurrences where all jackpot numbers are between 1 and 28 (low numbers); and 4 occurrences where all are between 29 and 55 (high numbers). The rest of the results are a mix of low and high numbers.

The low numbers are simply the lower half of 1 to 55; and the high numbers are the upper half. In Statistics, dividing the data into two parts is called median. The low versus high numbers follows that technique where the low numbers are 1 to 28, while the high numbers are 29 - 55.

The common mix of low and high numbers

Statistically, a mix of 3 low and 3 high numbers are the common mix. These comprise 32% of the total draws (348 draws in this study). A mix of 2:4 or 4:2 low:high numbers comprise 46%. All together, these comprise 78% of the total draws. On average, the 3:3, 2:4, and 4:2 mix occur every 1.28 draws.

Following is the complete stats for low and high numbers mix. (Index means that the instance occurs, on average, every x-number of draws.)

Low:High RatioFreq%Index
3:311232% 3
4:2 8625% 4
2:4 7421% 5
5:1 33 9%11
1:5 3510%10
0:6 4 1%87
6:0 4 1%87
Total348100%


1 Thing Leads 2 Another