EZ2 (Pick 2) Lotto: Co-Relation Between Odd-Even And Low-High Numbers?

Based on statistical data in this report, around 50% of the winning combinations are a mix of odd and even numbers. Around 25% are either both odd numbers or both even numbers. This means that an odd number has a 50% chance of being drawn. The same is true with an even number. So, if the combination is either both odd numbers or both even numbers, the probability is split into two — 25% for the odd number and 25% for the even number.

Unexpectedly, based on data from 2011 to 2013, 50% of the winning combinations comprised numbers that were both even.

The change prompted me to study further the results. I wondered if a number being odd or even has something to do with the other attributes of a number like low or high, hot or cold, top-ranking or otherwise.

In my analysis, statistics reveal that even numbers have nothing to do with low or high numbers. However, if the combination consists of both odd numbers or an odd-even mix, the probability is about half-higher if the the numbers are a mix of low and high numbers rather than if the numbers are both low (1 to 15) or both high (16 to 31) numbers.

You can view the complete data here.


EZ2 (Pick 2) Lotto: Some Interesting Facts About Double-Number Combinations

Statistically, double-number combinations appear to win less frequently than non-double combinations. But not all. Some double-number combinations tend to win as frequent as non-double combinations. For example, (7 - 7) and (16-16) have each won 7 and 8 times respectively during the last 3 years (2011 - 2013). In contrast, (1 - 1) and (6 - 6), (8 - 8), (11-11), (18-18), and (30-30) have each won only once during the same period.

In the Philippines, a double-number combination is termed "pompyang", which means "cymbals", a percussion instrument played by a member of a marching band.

Double Combinations Versus Non-Double Combinations

There are only 31 double-number combinations versus 930 non-double (ordered) combinations. For that reason, non-double combinations appear to win more frequently than double-number combinations. As to non-ordered combinations, there are 465 non-double combinations vs 31 double-number combinations. Taken individually, there are double-number combinations which are at par with non-double combinations as far as winning frequency is concerned.

Some Interesting Facts About Some Double-Number Combinations

(7 - 7) had won on 1/26/11, 2/27/12, 3/1/12, 3/2/12, 3/4/12, 1/24/13, and 7/25/13. If you're fond of number series exams in IQ tests, you will find the dates interesting. Take a look at the first two dates. The combination won again after 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day.

(16-16) had won on 5/25/11, 12/1/11, 3/31/12, 8/10/12, 8/31/12, 9/21/12, 10/1/12, and 2/2/13.

(17-17) had won on 1/18/11, 8/11/11, 9/20/12, 12/30/12 and 5/5/13.

(25-25) had won on 4/7/11, 12/30/11, 3/20/12, 11/4/12, and 3/5/13. Note how the dates interestingly relate with those of (17-17).

The combinations above are 4 of the 7 double-number combinations that had won 5 to 8 times during the last 3 years. The other three are (3-3), (4-4) and (19-19). Did you also notice how the number 7 exists in these interesting facts?